This kit contains a hand-held ultra-violet flashlight with 21 LEDs and 2 x 8 ounce bottles of Glo Germ Gel. The 2 x bottles of gel are good for approximately 150 – 200 applications. Price €99.99 + vat.
Features and benefits
This illuminating learning tool helps teach health, hand washing, and hygiene. Glo Germ simulates real germs and demonstrates how germs live on your hands and spread. This safe odorless lotion glows brightly when exposed to ultraviolet light.
Instructions for use
1. Lightly dust a small amount of Glo Germ Powder over an entire surface area.
2. Clean the surface until all visible Powder disappears.
3. Pass the UV lamp over the surface, the remaining traces of Powder will glow on the areas that were not cleaned thoroughly.
*Please Note: Glo Germ products will not show actual germs. The “glowing germs” you will see is the Glo Germ product itself. All of our products are intended to simulate germs and bacteria.
TO USE THE MIST
1. Remove Metal Cap.
2. Slowly open MIST Spray Canister, using caution if sprayer is still pressurized. Pressure can be released by slowly twisting the top of cap on Canister.
3. Shake MIST Refill bottle and pour into MIST Spray Canister. Be sure to not fill the Spray Canister more than half way.
4. Tighten sprayer lid, using caution that all seals are aligned.
5. Shake well and pump MIST Spray Canister lid 12 times or until mildly firm.
For use on Surfaces: Evenly coat surface(s) of test area.
After a 3 – 5 minute dry time, Glo Germ MIST is virtually invisible to the naked eye. The product will spread much like actual microbes to reveal where dangerous practices can lead to cross-contamination.
For use in air: A quick spray into the air will simulate a sneeze or cough. To simulate further airborne bacteria, spray for two seconds in a sweeping circular motion.
CAUTION: The same characteristics that make Glo Germ MIST behave like real germs, also make it hard to contain. Glo Germ MIST may remain suspended in the air for up to 5 minutes. Contact lens wearers may find it irritating. MIST may also spread and be hard to remove from certain surfaces and clothing. We recommend some trial usage in test areas, prior to a training event, to eliminate these problems.
1. Sprinkle Glo Germ Powder very lightly over a head of lettuce, tomato or another fruit or vegetable to be processed by trainees, so that the Powder is not visible in ordinary light.
(Food used is to be discarded after demonstration.)
2. Have trainees process food using their normal procedure and kitchen utensils.
3. Use UV lamp to show how the “glowing germs” are spread to hands, cutting boards, knives, and to other foods.